Thursday, June 18, 2009

You Must Have Been...

Ah, new pots!

A few years ago, Mom and I were in Macy's and stumbled across a major cookware sale. I picked up a Tools of the Trade Cookright open wok for something like $9, and it immediately became my favorite pan. Made of hard anodized aluminum, the non-stick surface allows me to cook most foods without any oil, which is important to a person who doesn't process high fat foods properly.

Anyway, after all these years, I finally thought to find out the manufacturer of that pan and do a web search. As it turns out, Tools of the Trade is Macy's own brand, and they do make a full set! They're good looking pots, dark anodized, with glass lids just like I've always wanted. I took a chance and bought the set, 12 pieces on sale for $99!

I was a little nervous, taking the plunge like this, but so excited to have matching pots for the first time in my life. Even the pots I grew up with in Mom's kitchen were a mishmash, and it was wonderful to get rid of all of the scratched and scorched pots and pans. It turned out that Pete was in need of some kitchen basics, so he came over and picked what he wanted from the pile.

From the first usage, I loved these pots. A few weeks later, I haven't managed to cook in all of them yet, primarily because the chef's pan gets used just about every day. Every time I go to the cabinet, it seems like there is a perfect pot for whatever my application. The glass lids are great, the silicon handles stay nice and cool, and I've never seen pots clean up as easily as these do. Decent, name-brand sets containing fewer pieces than this one cost upwards of $250, so I feel like I got a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment