Tuesday, August 5, 2008

...The World, Is On My Shoulders...

This morning, I hopped onto the pallet scale to weigh myself without realizing that our head of production was watching me. Once the number registered, I turned to go back to the office and spotted him staring. I smiled and said good morning. He smiled back and said, "Gained a few pounds, eh?" I should point out that there are some cultural differences at play here: he is Indonesian. Still, I would have thought it was universally known that saying something like that is inappropriate. Anyway, I responded with a confused look, and commented that I had not gained weight; the number was within one or two pounds of what I always weigh. He smiles again, and says, "Oh, you look like you've gained weight. No?" Talk about going from bad to worse. It's funny, but as soon as I walked away from this conversation, all I wanted to do was eat.

I doubt anyone will get the song referenced in this title...
_

No comments:

Post a Comment