Friday, November 14, 2008

...Winter Can Be Cozy...

Not that it's winter...I think it's like 60 degrees here today.

Last night's dinner:


Taco Soup
2 lbs Ground Beef
1 chopped Onion
2-14oz cans diced Tomatoes
1 can Rotell
1 can Corn
1 can Pinto beans
1 can Small Red Beans
1 pouch Taco Seasoning
3 cans Beef Broth
Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream
1 small jar chopped Jalapenos (optional)

Brown ground beef and onion; drain. Add all other ingredients. Simmer for 30 minutes or more. Sprinkle each bowl with shredded cheese (I used Mexican 4-cheese) and add a small dollop of sour cream.

We were starving by the time 30 minutes had passed, so I served up our bowls and let the rest simmer through dinner and clean-up. Dave liked it so much that he had me invite Matt and Jenna over for dinner tonight so he could have it again. That's 2 dinners last night, 4 dinners tonight, and I expect to have enough left for two or three lunches.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm..sounds good to me, but my Dave won't eat corn...I guess I could make it without.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, my Dave pretty much only eats corn. He normally won't eat tomatoes, but they're fine in soup, apparently. I'm sure it would be just as good without the corn.

    ReplyDelete