Thursday, April 22, 2010

...Go Chase Yourself...

After a long break from concerts, I went to see 30 Seconds to Mars with Matt, Tommy, and Judy. Overall, it was one of the worst shows I've ever been to. The opening acts were fine, sound was good, they just weren't bands I was into. 30 Seconds to Mars had sound issues from the start. There were problems with a drum mike at first, distorting the bass and adding static, then some lead vocal mike problems. Despite the issues, the first couple of songs were ok, with the band sounding tight and the vocals spot on - when Jared Leto was singing. He spent a lot of time having the crowd singing for him; not what I came to see. After that, it all went to hell. There were huge pauses, sometimes 5 minutes or more, where there was just nothing going on, and we all just stood around looking at each other. Multiple times, there would be a song started, or a verse sung, just to stop in the middle and move on to something else. People around me started leaving, and the ones who stayed were screaming things like, "Play anything, just play it all the way from start to finish!" I know he was sick, but I came to listen to him sing, not half-hear the crowd try.

No comments:

Post a Comment